1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006.
2. We reserve the right to decline to consider a complaint that is made more than six months after you became aware of the cause of the complaint. There may be instances where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to you in writing if a complaint has been made outside the time limit that we are prepared to consider.
3. We will send you an electronic or written acknowledgement of your complaint within five business days of receipt. We will identify the person who will handle the complaint. Wherever practically possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the subject of the complaint, and will have the relevant authority to investigate and bring the complaint to a satisfactory outcome.
4. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either. a response which addresses the complaint to a satisfactory outcome or explains why we are still not able to make a final response, giving reasons for the delay and indicating the timescale of when we will be able to provide a final response and you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
5. Where we decide that compensation is appropriate, we will settle it for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible. We will comply with any offer of compensation which you accept. Compensation may not always be financial.
6. If we are unable to resolve your complaint then you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The FOS can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint. If you would like more information about the Financial Ombudsman Service their contact details are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service,
Harbour Exchange Square,
Isle of Dogs, London E14 9SR
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 9am to 1pm
0800 023 4567
free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home)
0300 123 9 12
free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02